At heart I’m a content creator. It’s why I spent 18 years working as a journalist and editor, both on staff and as a freelancer on a range of specialist and mainstream media outlets (see my LinkedIn profile for a detailed career history and a sample of my portfolio of works).
I was a Forbes contributor for 12 months writing about vegan and plant-based businesses, I host the Vegan Business Talk podcast and am the founder and editor-in-chief of VeganBusinessMedia.com.
Testimonials from clients who have hired me for writing, editing and content creation services
“A suberb writer, excellent editor, entirely reliable.”
– Pauline O’Loughlin, University of Technology, Sydney
“Katrina’s curiosity, intelligence, integrity and passion for social justice sets her apart from other writers and editors.”
– Anne Lawson, Sirius Communications
“A remarkably intuitive writer … her trademark intelligence and quirky humour quickly garnered a large and loyal following of both male and female readers. Not only were Katrina’s columns always an engaging and delightful read, but she was always unfailingly professional and reliable – an editor’s dream.”
– Gary Fishlock, former editor of SX magazine
“Apart from being very rigorous about sticking to deadlines – she never let me down – Katrina was able to turn any article that I gave her to research and write into an enjoyable, accurate read. I would have no hesitation in recommending her for both her ability and reliability.”
– Dael Climo, Former Editor of Building Products News magazine
“Katrina was a senior reporter on Inside Housing, a weekly news magazine published in the UK for people who work in social housing, while I was news editor. She quickly grasped subject matter that could range from homelessness to complex issues of public finance, and also showed the required ability to speak to everyone from local tenant activists to government ministers. I was very happy with her work and am happy to recommend her.”
– Mark Smulian, Former News Editor of Inside Housing magazine
“Katrina has been of great assistance to the LHMU in presenting accurate and carefully written text to our members and industry stakeholders. She has helped the communications team put together text for website, national magazines and newsletters. Katrina is a really good team member and always delivers to deadlines; I greatly value her skills.”
– Bronwyn Ridgway, former LHMU National Coordinator Communications & Strategies
“I have always been aware of Katrina’s unique and incisive writing style and was honoured to be employed by her when she worked as the editor of Cherrie Magazine in 2008. I shot a feature fetish fashion photography story for her and she has interviewed me for articles. I have always found Katrina to be warm, genuine, reliable and open. She truly cares about the causes she writes about and her passion fuels her writing. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Katrina.”
– Cat O’Nine, photographer
“Dedicated, professional, hard working with a touch of style to every project that Katrina handles. It was enjoyable working to her brief, and I would happily do it all again. Katrina inspires the best out of all her team members and that translates into great work and the best results.”
– C.Moore Hardy, corporate and community visual arts expert
I love creating both editorial and promotional content for vegan brands, businesses and personalities, so if this is not your strong suit or you’re pressed for time, hand it over to someone who will create content that not only makes you shine, but brings in leads and sales.
As every project, business and brand is different and requires tailored services specifically to you, an individual, personalized quote will be provided to you if I think we’re a fit, but to give you an approximate idea, you’re looking at:
• Press release creation (One-off, standalone, includes one round of edits): Approximately $650 AUD.
• Online media kit creation (One-off, standalone, includes one round of edits): Approximately $650 AUD.
• Press release & online media kit creation together (One-off, standalone, includes one round of edits): Approximately $1,200 AUD.
• Article or blog post creation (SEO optimized). Depending on how much research is involved, interviews to be done if any, case studies etc: Approximately $500-$900 AUD per post.
• Write/re-write your ‘About’ page on your website: Approximately $500 AUD.
• Write/re-write your LinkedIn page: Approximately $500 AUD
• Edit/feedback on article you have written: Approximately $250 AUD.
• Video interview with you via Zoom (edited, for you to use however you wish, plus inclusion on Vegan Business Media YouTube channel and on Vegan Business Media website under sponsored content): Approximately $500 AUD.
• Indepth Q&A written interview with you or profile piece about you (for you to use however you wish, plus inclusion on Vegan Business Media website under sponsored content). Approximately $450 AUD.
• Retainer model (20 hours per month – minimum 3-month contract) – includes various tasks such as those listed above, brainstorming, consulting: $2,500 AUD per month.
Again, the fees above are ballpark figures only and will vary depending on your requirements.
To enquire about my writing, editing and content creation services, drop me an email to Katrina [at] veganbusinessmedia [dotcom], with full details about your project/brand/business and what you’re hoping to achieve, and we’ll go from there.