Start and Grow an Ethical Business
Candle Cafe West, 2427 Broadway (between 89th and 90th)
Join us in a celebration of vegan businesses!
Delicious appetizers and open bar to purchase drinks.
Option to book for dinner afterwards.
Meet international guest, author Katrina Fox & some of NYC's top vegan business owners & entrepreneurs.
MC: Victoria Moran
Guest speakers: Jane Velez-Mitchell & David Benzaquen
RSVPs essential – see below for how
OFFICIAL NEW YORK BOOK LAUNCH DETAILS
Forget the negative stereotypes of veganism being the domain of bland, dowdy, cult-following extremists. From Beyoncé launching a plant-based food delivery service and an animal-free cheese being picked up on the popular US TV show Shark Tank to Microsoft founder Bill Gates investing in a company that manufactures meat alternatives, vegan living is finally trendy.
Vegan business owners and entrepreneurs are at the forefront of this global revolution that values people, animals and planet as much as profit.
Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business is the first business book on how to start and grow a business run on vegan principles. Written by award-winning British-Australian journalist and media coach Katrina Fox, it features insights and advice from over 60 vegan business owners, entrepreneurs, marketing, PR and business growth professionals in the US, Canada, Australia and UK.
The book provides a peek inside the operations of those who have been there, done it and are still doing it. Among the numerous nuggets of wisdom included are:
- How to figure out the purpose of your business and why it's so important
- How your mindset can sabotage your business success and what to do to ensure that
- How to get regular, positive media coverage for your products or services, no matter what your PR budget is
- Common branding mistakes and how to avoid them
- Social media 'Do's' and 'Don'ts'
- How much you should use the word 'vegan' in your branding or marketing
Learn how to maximize your chances of success and avoid the pitfalls others have experienced in this practical and inspirational ‘how to guide for aspiring and existing vegan business owners and entrepreneurs.
“A timely addition to the reading list of every vegan entrepreneur.”
- Philip Wollen, former VP, Citibank & philanthropist
ADVANCE PRAISE FOR THE BOOK
- "What a fantastic, practical and inspirational book. Everyone who’s interested in running an ethical business should read it - actually, Vegan Ventures is a great resource for any new business owner, vegan or not, but it is certainly a must-have for vegan entrepreneurs”.Alexandra PaulActor, director, activist & athlete
- "I’m a big believer in businesses with a mission other than profit - we need more people running more businesses in this way, where the key outcomes are environmental and social. Encouraging other entrepreneurs to adopt this business model is a key part of that – Katrina's book does this brilliantly.”Dale Vince
Founder, Ecotricity & Chairman of Forest Rangers Football Club (UK)
- "‘Katrina's passion for veganism, ethics and business have collided and I think mankind is the winner. I always admire a writer who is prepared to stand by their beliefs, and Katrina most certainly does this. Vegan Ventures is a book that a lot of people are going to be talking about and raving about.”Andrew GriffithsBestselling author, INC columnist & CBS Small Business Commentator
About the Venue and Guest Speakers:
CANDLE CAFE WEST: ORGANIC, VEGAN DINING
Since 1994, Candle Cafe has been serving an organic vegan menu composed of the freshest ingredients available and has been continually rated as one of the best vegan/vegetarian restaurants in the country by both traditional and holistic communities.ervices.
Co-owners Bart Potenza and Joy Pierson are among the vegan business owners and entrepreneurs whose generous insights are featured in Vegan Ventures.
- Winner, Voiceless: The Animal Protection Institute Prize for Print/Online Journalism
- Founder, The Scavenger online magazine for social change makers
- Co-Author/editor of 3 books
ABOUT KATRINA FOX
Katrina Fox is an award-winning journalist, media coach, content marketer and editor of the vegan business blog VeganBusinessMedia.com.
She has written extensively for niche and mainstream media, including The Sydney Morning Herald, for 17 years on social justice, animal advocacy and ethical business issues.
A passionate animal advocate, Katrina won the Voiceless: The Animal Protection Institute Media Prize for her article, ‘Speciesism: The Final Frontier’, for the ABC’s The Drum website in 2014.
She lives with her wife Tracie and loves glitter and internet cat videos.
www.katrinafox.com and www.veganbusinessmedia.com
Twitter: @katrinafox and @veganbizmedia
Facebook: www.facebook.com/katrinafoxpage and www.facebook.com/veganbusinessmedia