In this episode, I interview Jecks Stone, interior designer and founder of Persona Abode in the UK.
Her background in recycling management and historic building conservation were the foundation of marrying interiors with environmental impact.
After wrestling with balancing her morals with the perceived frivolity of the interior design industry, Jecks became one of the first UK designers to be vegandesign.org certified.
Through Persona Abode, her vegan lifestyle and interest in mental health she advocates for healthy living environments, being mindful of designing for people, place and planet.
In this interview Jecks discusses:
• How she got her first interior design client
• The importance of your personal brand and sharing more of yourself, even if you’re an introvert
• How she’s funding her interior design business for now by continuing to work at her full-time job
• How Covid helped her business grow
• Why she doesn’t feature the word ‘vegan’ prominently in her branding and marketing
• How domestic violence, the importance of ‘home’, health and sustainability influences her work as an interior designer
• Her somewhat controversial view on ‘trends’
• And more
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: