In this episode I interview Mitchell Scott, co-founder and CEO of The Very Good Butchers, a Canadian plant-based meat company.
After selling out the farmers’ markets on Denman Island, British Columbia, Mitchell and his co-founder and fellow ‘bean butcher’ James Davison knew they were onto something.
They brought their beans to Victoria and opened the Canadian West Coast’s first plant-based butchery.
The pair are currently opening a new facility that will be able to produce up to $100 million more in product a year which is an increase of more than 2,500%.
Last year they became the second plant-based meat company to release an IPO.
In this interview Mitchell discusses:
• Why they use the terms ‘butcher’ and ‘butchery’
• How they raised $600k from 240 investors in an equity crowdfunding campaign in 2018
• The unexpected turn of events after they received several offers of a deal on Dragon’s Den (Canada)
• Why they went public last year and the benefits and challenges it’s brought
• How to go public and how much it costs
• And more
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: