In this episode, I interview Stephanie Miklosvary, founder of Lucky Chick, a vegan cosmetics brand in New York.
Stephanie founded and created the company in 2000 as she was putting her art degree to work as a shoe designer in New York City.
Nicknamed “Lucky Chick” by a friend for living in her LC (Lobby C) apartment, she decided to create a persona around her new name.
Inspired by art and self-expression, Lucky Chick Cosmetics makes a vibrant range of color-intensive glosses, lipsticks, shimmers and shadows to encourage people to treat themselves as the masterpieces they are.
In 2007, Stephanie put the business on hold for over a decade, and relaunched in 2018.
In this interview Stephanie discusses:
• Why she took a break from the company for over a decade and what motivated her to revive it
• The challenges she faced with the relaunch compared with the challenges when she first started the brand nearly two decades earlier
• How she landed a deal with luxury department store chain Neiman Marcus, only for it to be put on pause when Covid-19 hit
• How she got Lucky Chick products to be used by make-up artists on Dancing with the Stars
• The impact of Covid-19 on her business and relaunch, including some unexpected upsides
• How she got her products added to a beauty subscription box and the benefits of this kind of collaboration
• And more
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: