In this episode, I interview food safety consultant Heather Landex who’s originally from the UK and currently based in Denmark.
Heather began working in the food service industry in 2000 and has worked in eight countries, in over 1000 food service businesses.
Since training as an Environmental Health Practitioner she’s specialized in food safety, working with large food safety and safety compliance companies, The Olympic Games, and some of the largest chain restaurant brands and Michelin star restaurants.
She’s developed and further specialized into allergy and dietary preferences beyond compliance and into customer service, marketing and branding in her aim to ensure that people feel included when they eat out and food service businesses are successful.
Her upcoming book ‘Inclusive: The New Exclusive: How the Food Service Industry Can Stop Leaving Money on the Table’ is due out next year.
In this episode Heather discusses:
• Why food safety is important for a vegan food service business (and not just for obvious reasons)
• What a vegan food service provider needs to take into account in regards to safety, and at what stages of the business
• Why vegan and plant-based food businesses are leaving money on the table by excluding customers with certain dietary requirements.
• What’s involved in ensuring your vegan café, restaurant or catering business can cater for other minority groups such as gluten-free, coealic or those with other allergies
• The costs involved in both food safety and making your business more inclusive.
• What street food vendors need to be aware of when it comes to food safety.
• And more
Visit Heather Landex’s website
Pre-order Heather’s book ‘Inclusive: The New Exclusive: How the Food Service Industry Can Stop Leaving Money on the Table’ (for a limited time you can get a discount by using the coupon code VEGANSPECIAL)
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: