In this episode I interview Ran Nussbacher, co-founder and CEO of Shouk, a plant-based fast-casual restaurant in Washington D.C that features healthy, Israeli-inspired food.
Prior to founding Shouk, Ran served as Vice President of Sales with Opower, a clean tech software company focused on eliminating energy waste and reducing CO2 emissions.
In this interview Ran discusses:
• Why he left a top position at a software company to start a restaurant
• Why Shouk doesn’t use any meat analogues or the words ‘vegan’ or ‘plant-based’ in its menus, marketing or branding
• How the company responded to COVID-19 via a ‘hood drops’ initiative that attracted more customers
• The importance of a business owner to be ‘hands on’ especially in the beginning
• How and why the company attracted investors right from the start
• And more
Visit the Shouk website.
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: