In this episode I interview serial social entrepreneur Sonalie Figueiras, the founder and editor-in-chief of Green Queen, an award-winning impact media platform advocating for social and environmental change in Hong Kong with a mission to shift consumer behaviour through inspiring and empowering original content. Green Queen began as a blog and is now currently Asia’s largest plant-based media platform.
Sonalie is also the founder and CEO of Ekowarehouse, a global sourcing platform for certified organic products, with a mission to make safe, quality food accessible and affordable for the whole planet.
With over a decade of experience in publishing, digital marketing, organic trade and health, and sustainability, Sonalie is an eco-wellness industry veteran with a keen eye for market trends.
She’s also a sought-after international speaker and moderator, sharing her expertise on stages across Asia and beyond, including TEDx and Harvard Business School.
In this interview Sonalie discusses:
• How she grew the audience for her blog and turned it into an award-winning impact media platform
• How she monetised Green Queen to make it sustainable
• How Green Queen and Ekowarehouse have been funded to date
• Why she’s not a fan of the gig economy and chose to employ her staff and provide benefits to them
• Why she’s taken the approach of publishing mostly original, editorial content rather than advertorial or sponsored posts
• What she looks for in a pitch that makes her say ‘yes’ to running a story
• And much more
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: