In this episode I interview Jeffrey Harris, co-founder of Plant Power Fast Food, a vegan fast food chain in San Diego, California.
Jeffrey has spent the past 30 years working in the professional audio industry, mostly as a regional and national sales account manager for top brands.
In 2004 he began to contemplate the idea of building a nationwide chain of 100% plant-based fast-food restaurants.
After years of searching for partners who had the operational expertise he lacked, Jeffrey eventually found Mitch Wallis and Zach Vouga who had years of experience operating vegan restaurants and also shared Jeffrey’s vision for an entirely new, vegan version of traditional fast-food.
The trio opened their first Plant Power Fast Food restaurant in San Diego in January 2016 and currently have five restaurants in operation in southern California, with more in the planning stages for what they hope will be a nationwide chain of restaurants capable of disrupting the traditional fast-food restaurant industry with healthier, sustainable and cruelty-free meals.
In this interview, Jeffrey discusses:
• The benefits of finding a team to work with to launch the business
• Key mistakes the company made in the beginning with physical locations and how they created solutions
• The move by big fast food chains to jump on the vegan bandwagon by adding plant-based options and how this may impact vegan fast food businesses
• Why the company pivoted from owning its own restaurants to a franchise model
• How he decides where to open the next restaurant and why this is important
• How the path of the vegan entrepreneur is a spiritual journey for him
• And much more
Visit the Plant Power Fast Food website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news highlights:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: