In this episode, I interview Claire Smith, co-founder of humane investment platform Beyond Investing, in Switzerland.
Claire is a vegan and environmentalist with 34 years’ experience in finance and investment at top-tier banks and investment houses, including UBS and Albourne Partners. She’s carried out bespoke hedge fund research, as well as working as a derivatives broker, marketer and structurer, and credit analyst.
Beyond Investing creates investment programs designed for animal advocates and climate-conscious investors in both public listed equity markets and venture capital.
The company created the US Vegan Climate Index, a stock index which screens out all animal exploitation and fossil fuel use from a US market benchmark, and is the sponsor of the US Vegan Climate Exchange Traded Fund (ETF), which launched on the New York Stock Exchange recently.
Claire is also an investor in vegan and plant-based businesses and the co-founder of the Beyond Animal integrated digital platform, which aims to accelerate the growth of the global vegan economy.
In this episode Claire talks about:
• How and why she and her team at Beyond Investing created the US Vegan Climate Index and ETF
• How well ethical investments do, overall, compared to non-ethical ones, in terms of people getting a good return on their investment
• The three criteria she looks for when considering whether to invest in a vegan brand
• How the Beyond Animal platform will help to drive the vegan economy
• How the finance industry perceives veganism and how this has changed over the years
• And much more
You can also watch a video of this interview here:
Brands mentioned in vegan business news highlights
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: