In this episode I interview Melissa Hobbs, co-founder of The Vegan Company in New South Wales, Australia. Launched in 2018, although the business was registered in 2017, The Vegan Company is the go-to destination for vegan fashion and beauty in Australia.
Its aim is to make vegan living stylish, desirable and accessible by connecting people with an ever-growing collection of sustainable, cruelty-free vegan fashion, beauty and feel-good news.
The content hub shares inspiration, ideas and information while the online store sells a curated range of vegan fashion, beauty and home-wares.
Melissa has enjoyed a successful career in magazine publishing, holding senior positions in advertising and strategy on leading mastheads, including Vogue Australia, GQ, Elle, Delicious and News Limited.
Melissa is also a founding partner of efragrance, one of the first digital beauty retailers.
Prior to launching The Vegan Company, Melissa co-founded Meat Free Week, an award-winning global campaign aimed at raising awareness of the impact excessive meat consumption and production has on animals, the environment and human health.
In this interview Melissa discusses:
• Why she left the world of mainstream media publishing to start a vegan fashion website
• How and why the original vision for a global content hub morphed into a more localized version
• Why she chose an affiliate sales model to monetize the site, instead of drop shipping or other methods
• How she decides what types of content and brands to feature on the site
• How the site has been funded to date
• The benefits the company has gained from content retargeting and native advertising
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news highlights
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: