In this episode I interview Sara Kidd, vegan baking ambassador in Sydney, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand.
Sara started out studying as a chef but ended up at film school in Sydney. She worked in film for 15 years as Head of Acquisitions and Marketing at Indievillage, with a remit to take on animal rights and environmental films.
Her last project, Kangaroo: A Love Hate Story, released in early 2018, was quoted by Australia’s breakfast TV show Sunrise as being the most controversial Australian documentary ever released in the US.
Now, Sara, who has a background in branding and marketing, has made the decision to leave the world of show business behind to pursue a career as a vegan cake designer and baker.
Her newly launched retro-inspired website sarakidd.com shares a wealth of free vegan baking resources and video recipes, and her Facebook group Vegan Cake Decorating, All Types of Baking & Resources is a fast-growing online community that’s supporting fellow vegan baking businesses and home bakers from across the globe, in a fun, non-judgemental space.
In early 2019 Sara is launching a series of vegan baking books.
In this interview Sara talks about:
- Why she left a successful career in film distribution to become a vegan baking ambassador
- How she built a strong personal brand and the 3 key steps entrepreneurs need to take to create a brand that resonates with your market as well as being authentic to you
- What to do before you launch your brand
- How she created a popular Facebook group and what’s required to maintain a successful and highly engaged online community
- How she plans to monetize her brand and turn it into a business
- The importance of creating good-quality free content
- And much more
Visit Sara’s website SaraKidd.com
Follow Sara on Instagram
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: