In this episode I interview Nicole D’Angelo, owner of The Yoga Collective studio in New York.
Nicole left her full-time career as a social worker in the Philadelphia suburbs to move to the Big Apple in 2014 to pursue her dreams of working in health and wellness.
Just four day after she arrived in New York, she started her yoga training. A graduate of the Three Sisters Yoga School, she’s taught gentle yoga, yoga for runners and meditation for runners at The Yoga Collective, which she bought in 2015, and currently manages the studio.
Her aim is to create a space for artists and teachers to do what they love for themselves and the community.
Nicole also graduated from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2014 with a health coach certification and is a writer and recipe developer. She maintains a blog called Forever Plant-Based, a health and wellness website dedicated to plant-based recipes, meditation, running and fitness.
In this interview Nicole talks about:
• How she supported herself with side hustles during her transition to New York from Philadelphia
• The challenges of moving from a stable 9-5 job in your home town to a new city to run your own business – and how to handle them
• How she overcame the loneliness and home-sickness that set in when she moved to New York
• How she knew when she was ready to give up her side hustles and work full time in the business
• The business model she uses, which is unlike most yoga studios, and the benefits this offers the teachers as well as her as the owner
• The online and offline marketing techniques she uses to promote the studio
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: