In this episode I interview Heidi Lovig, founder of Heidi Ho! an organic vegan cheese company in Oregon.
Heidi is fanatic about farm-to-table dining, sustainability, seasonal menus, and local. She honed her vegan chef skills during her time living in Hawaii in a sustainable community where she managed an eco-hostel and farm.
She’s trained with vegans and raw foodies from all over the world and was introduced to the spiritual side of veganism including elements of Jainism and the ethics of kindness. This resulted in her developing a deeper connection to the ingredients she uses to create her products, which are made in a dedicated a dedicated vegan, soy-free and gluten-free facility.
In November 2014, Heidi appeared on episode 610 of Shark Tank to pitch her products and was successful in getting a deal from entrepreneur Lori Greiner. This resulted in a ton of national and international media coverage, as well as a high-profile new fan: Ellen Degeneres.
Since being on Shark Tank, Heidi Ho! has increased its distribution across the US (it’s now in more than 1000 stores) and Heidi is regularly invited to speak or make food for corporations, including Google.
In this interview Heidi discusses:
• Why she decided to apply for Shark Tank and how she got picked to be on the show
• How she prepared for her appearance on Shark Tank
• What it’s really like behind the scenes of Shark Tank
• The benefits of her Shark Tank deal – which continue today
• What to take into account if you’re considering applying to be on Shark Tank
• Why she chooses to use certified organic ingredients, despite the challenges involved
• How the fast-changing landscape in plant-based foods has changed her mind about working with retail giants such as Walmart and Target
• And much more
Visit the Heidi Ho! website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: