In this episode I interview photographer Hannah Kaminsky in San Francisco.
Hannah works with top food publications and manufacturers across the US, creating photographs for the glossy pages of magazines, cookbooks, and product packaging.
She is also the author of the books My Sweet Vegan, Vegan Desserts, Vegan a la Mode, Easy as Vegan Pie, and the upcoming title Real Food, Really Fast.
Working independently for over a decade has provided her with professional experience in all aspects of a photography project from start to finish. This includes cooking and styling, as well as the capturing and editing of each image with her own signature style.
Her latest recipe creations, photos, and musings can be found on her Bitter Sweet blog.
In this interview Hannah discusses:
• Mistakes vegan business owners make when taking their own photos
• The 3 things that make a good photo
• Lighting tips for taking a great photo (and why you should mostly avoid flash)
• The benefits and disadvantages of photo filter apps
• What to look for when hiring a professional photographer
• Latest trends in photography
• The one thing that’s more valuable for new photographers than working for free
• The best ways for photographers to attract clients
• And much more
Visit the Hannah Kaminsky Photography website
Read Hannah’s Bitter Sweet blog
Check out Hannah’s books My Sweet Vegan, Vegan Desserts, Vegan a la Mode, Easy as Vegan Pie, and Real Food, Really Fast on Amazon
Brands mentioned in vegan business newsroundup
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: