In this episode I interview Susan Prolman, who started Veg Shop on the Etsy platform a year ago as a hobby to test the waters in becoming a business owner.
Susan is a lifelong advocate for animals. She’s served as Executive Director of the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition and as Director of International Campaigns for The Humane Society of the United States.
She’s lobbied against factory farming and for environmental protection in Washington, DC for years.
Before graduating Georgetown University Law Center with honors, she helped to create the school’s first animal law course.
Veg Shop features Susan’s handmade jewelry and accessories with messages such as ‘Go Veg’ and ‘I Love Pigs’.
The aim is to help customers express the joy of being vegan.
In this interview Susan talks about:
• The benefits of Etsy, particularly if you have little money to invest up front to sell your products
• The challenges of selling on a crowded platform, particularly when you’re starting out
• The quickest way to create a community of people interested in your items
• How she partnered with nonprofit organizations which helped boost her sales
• The importance of SEO when running an Etsy store
• The time investment required to run a successful Etsy store – and how that changes as the store becomes established
• And much more
Visit Veg Shop on Etsy.
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: