In this episode I interview Chef AJ, an educator on plant-based eating and living.
An ethical vegan for almost 40 years, AJ is driven by her passion to end animal exploitation and consumption.
With a background in comedy, she has appeared on several high-profile popular TV shows including The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Late Show with David Letterman.
A chef, culinary instructor and professional speaker, AJ is author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight, which chronicles her journey from a junk-food vegan faced with a diagnosis of pre-cancerous polyps, to learning how to create foods that nourish and heal the body.
Based in Los Angeles, AJ teaches people how to create meals to transform their health, how to deal with cravings and food addiction and addresses the emotional side of eating.
She is the creator of The Ultimate Weight Loss Program, was the Executive Pastry Chef at Sante La Brea Restaurant in Los Angeles, creator of Healthy Taste of LA, host of the YouTube cooking show The Chef and the Dietitian and host of the TV series Healthy Living with CHEF AJ which airs on Foody TV.
In this interview she talks about:
• The importance of daily habits of self-care such as sleep and family time
• The challenges of running live events and the key thing you need in place to make the process successful
• Why she doesn’t spend time checking out what others in her field are doing
• The benefits of self-publishing your book with Amazon’s print-on-demand platform
• The importance of honing your craft – whether it’s making a product or offering a service – before you leave your job to start your business
• How a diverse job or career history can help you as an entrepreneur
• And much more
Visit the Chef AJ website
Check out Chef AJ’s book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight on Amazon
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: