In this episode I interview David Benzaquen from PlantBased Solutions, an award-winning brand management and marketing agency for plant-based consumer product companies, headquartered in New York.
After more than a decade working in the government and non-profit sectors with a focus on education and grassroots advocacy, David immersed himself in the plant-based business sector, working for a time as a natural products broker before evolving PlantBased Solutions into its current incarnation.
With a team of people who collectively have hundreds of years’ experience in marketing, branding, product development, finance, operations and more, the company offers a range of services for pre-market startups through to huge global brands, including opportunity assessments, business planning and forecasting, new product development, market research, brand creation and a full range of marketing planning and execution.
David has also brought together a large network of angel investors keen to support plant-based businesses.
In this interview he talks about:
• The 3 ways to price your product and the importance of choosing the right one
• Why having your product in the biggest and highest number of retailers is not necessarily the best strategy for sales or growing your business
• The first steps to take before approaching retailers
• The pros and cons of working with distribution companies and brokers
• Why listing too many ‘free from’ claims on the front of your packaging can turn consumers away from your product
• What investors look for in businesses and what questions you should ask an investor
• And much more
Visit the PlantBased Solutions website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: