I offer two types of consulting:
1. PR Coaching and Consulting
I can help you with almost all your media queries. Having worked as a journalist for 17 years, I know what reporters are looking for (as well as what they don’t want).
While there’s plenty of info here on the blog and podcast, if you require a more personal approach, with ONE-TO-ONE guidance, I offer phone or Skype consultations.
This is perfect if you’re looking for fast, expert help with no long-term financial commitment.
Here’s some examples of what I can help you with:
• How to get your first piece of media publicity
• How to raise the profile of your business or campaign
• How to make your website media-friendly
• How to put your online media kit together
• Develop a lead magnet for your website (which you can also use as a giveaway to media audiences)
• Find media outlets targeted to your audience
• Find story angles and pitches that get journalists’ attention and increase the chance of them saying ‘yes’
• Prepare ‘soundbites’ – honing your message in a nutshell (this is particularly important for TV and radio where you typically only get a few seconds or minutes – make each one count!)
• Prepare for an interview with a journalist
• How to stay on track during an interview to ensure your message comes across and avoid reporters’ sneaky traps designed to take you off topic and into saying stuff you may later regret or doesn’t best serve you
• Put together a compelling media release for journalists which you can also use on your website to help drive traffic and increase customer engagement
• Provide feedback on your pitch to a journalist (sent to me before our session)
2. Vegan Business Consulting
This is for you if you’re looking help on issues such as:
• What’s happening in the vegan business sector and markets
• How to promote your products or services to the vegan community
• How to transition your career into this sector
• And more
After I’ve received your booking and payment, I’ll be in touch within 24 hours to schedule your session.
One-hour: $500.00 AUD (click here for a currency converter)
What previous clients have said…
“I hired Katrina to help me get published in the media. She knows the ins and outs of journalism, what editors want and expect, and explained the process to me as we went along so I could do it on my own. She helped me get published on One Green Planet where my article was seen by thousands of people and I’ve learned a lot about putting together compelling pitches and writing for target audiences. Katrina is very responsive to my questions and concerns and is also great fun to work with. I continue to consult with her on other projects and highly recommend her media coaching services.”
– Beth Levine, Individual and Couples Counsellor
“Approaching the media had been a blind spot for my business, mainly because I didn’t know how to go about it and just felt out of my depth in general. Katrina’s coaching helped make it manageable and led to some specific actions that have already increased the visibility of my personal profile and brand. Highly recommended as someone who knows their stuff.”
– Phil Preston, Business Strategist and Speaker
“Having studied and worked with Katrina on numerous occasions; I have witnessed first-hand her dedication, passion, persistence and professionalism in pursuit of her craft. I highly recommend Katrina to anyone seeking coaching and/or advice on media relations, journalism, advocacy and change management.”
– Akren Garkos, Career Development Officer