In April 2018 Australians searched on Google for ‘vegan meat’ and ‘vegan cheese’ more than people in any other country. Coles, Woolworths and other retailers are actively seeking out more plant-based products to put on their shelves.
Even meat, dairy and egg producers are recognising that their industries are under threat, with the smart ones investing in animal-free alternatives.
This global shift towards vegan eating and living offers opportunities for entrepreneurs.
How can aspiring and existing vegan business owners succeed in this fast-growing market?
In this panel, Seth Tibbott, founder of iconic US vegan food brand Tofurky, and Cale Drouin, consultant at Australian import and distribution company Botany Group’s plant-based and health division joined Katrina Fox, journalist, PR consultant and founder of Vegan Business Media, in this panel held at the Adelaide Vegan Festival in South Australia, on 27 October, 2018.
Among the topics discussed were:
• What’s driving the take-up of vegan/plant-based living
• What plant-based products are currently ‘hot’ right now
• What to be aware of when dealing with large supermarket chains • Strategies for getting your products into retailers
• How will ‘clean’ meat compete against plant-based meat?
• Pushback from animal agriculture industries in banning terms like ‘meat’ and ‘milk’ on products unless they come from animals
• What’s happening in non-food-related vegan business sectors and the opportunities this provides
• And more
Whether you already own a vegan business or are thinking of starting one, you’ll gain valuable tips and insights from this expert panel.