If you’re interested in being a guest on the Vegan Business Talk podcast, or you’re a PR rep wanting to pitch a guest, please read the following carefully:
ABOUT THE SHOW
Vegan Business Talk is a BUSINESS-FOCUSED show.
We do NOT discuss health, fitness or the vegan lifestyle in general.
The audience for the podcast is other vegan business owners and entrepreneurs (aspiring and existing) and the aim is to share valuable and useful insights, experience, strategies and tips to help them be successful.
The show, which kicked off in January 2016, is available on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, iHeart Radio, Tunein, and many other platforms including popular podcast apps, as well as on the VeganBusinessMedia.com website.
It features interviews with vegan business owners and entrepreneurs from across the globe, plus a roundup of vegan business news.
I interview a wide variety of vegan businesses and brands in ALL SECTORS including (but not limited to) food, fashion, tech, health, beauty, pet care, design, homewares, real estate, and finance/investment.
I also interview specialist service providers and advisors who can offer useful, valuable tips on topics such as Instagram/Facebook marketing, capital raising, retail and distribution etc. You or your guest MUST demonstrate solid experience and expertise in your field.
The audience for the show is global. The majority of listeners are based in the US, followed by the UK, Australia and Canada.
You can find out more at: veganbusinessmedia.com/podcasts
Interviews are pre-recorded via Zoom, audio only, and run for around 40 mins. I send questions in advance.
CRITERIA FOR GUESTS
– Guest must have been running and operating their vegan business for at least 3 years
The only exception to this is if the guest has a strong history of running businesses previously. For example, when I interviewed Miyoko Schinner, her company Miyoko’s had only been running for 18 months, but Miyoko ran vegan businesses for several decades before that.
– If it is a product-based business, ALL the company’s products must be vegan (contain no animal ingredients – that includes honey, wool, silk etc – and not tested on animals etc). I will interview vegan brands that have been acquired by non-vegan parent companies though.
– If it is a service-based business, none of the services offered must involve any animal exploitation or animal products, and the service provider must be vegan.
– If you or your guest offer highly specialized advice and help to businesses, but are not vegan, I may consider you/them on a case-by-case basis.
– Authors and other creatives: You must be running a viable business that is typically your full-time income (although I may consider side hustles on a case-by-case basis). For this reason, I generally only interview non-fiction authors who have built a business around their book.
HOW TO PITCH ME FOR YOU OR YOUR CLIENT TO BE ON THE SHOW
Send me a brief email to katrina [at] veganbusinessmedia [dotcom] with the following:
– Your or your client’s name and name of the company/brand
– Where the business is based (city, state, country)
– How long the business has been running and operating
– What type of business it is
– A paragraph about the founder and the company – include any unique and interesting aspects, such as how and why the company came about, any strong revenue/profits etc.
– A couple of potential talking points ie what the founder can share that will help other vegan business owners and entrepreneurs
– Links to the company’s website and social media profiles
– Your contact details: Phone and email
I try to get back to suitable and applicable queries within 7 days. If you haven’t heard back from me within that time, you’re welcome to send a follow-up email. If you don’t hear back after that, it’s likely your pitch was unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest in the show!